Thursday 16 January 2014

Moments that Mattered in 2013

I was fortunate enough to go on holiday abroad not once, not twice but three times in 2013 and can say I've caught the holiday bug! I am dreaming of going back to Costa Teguise in Lanzarote and spending quality time with my partner, leaving the stresses of work behind for at least 10 days. We had a fab time here and met lots of lovely people. The restaurants are top notch and there is a nice little square with lots of bars and entertainment. We stayed at Apartmentos Celeste which is less than a 2 min walk from the square and 4 mins from the beach. 









Main Beach in Teguise with a long stretch of sandy beaches and a windsurfers dream place!


The Dolphin Inn is great for a night out. It has Curry and Steak Nights and Quizzes every night where you can win prizes. Every time you buy a drink you get a raffle ticket into the nightly draw. Who needs an excuse to drink more on holiday?



Pueblo Marinero Square - Every Friday they have a market selling jewellery, bags, glasses and more!



The first time we went was in February and they don't call it Breezy Teguise for fun. Believe me it was so windy at times that I couldn't open the hotel window and heard whistling all night! People thought I was mad for wearing a dress in the evening but I soon learnt to wear jeans and ended up wearing my coat most nights. We did have 2 good days of sunshine and still had a great time.


The second time we went was in July so it was much better weather and we also took the brother in law with us who had no trouble finding an English paper and a pint of Tetleys! It was his first holiday abroad at the grand age of 34 and I think he was a bit overwhelmed but he has now caught the bug and can't wait to return.

Brothers Behaving Badly
Enjoying Cocktails
And Ice Cream....

As soon as we got home I was already planning the next trip and we managed a week away in October. I was lucky enough to find some really good deals. I know people who have spent the same amount on one holiday as I did on three!

I'm looking forward to 2014 and am planning on going back in June.  I can honestly say these trips have changed our life and we now have something to look forward to each year and keep us focused on our goals. We hope to try out Tenerife or Gran Canaria next so keep your eyes peeled for more holiday snaps. X





This post is entry to Moments that Mattered Prize Draw in conjunction with Lloyds Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment